In most cases a Development Application is required to be submitted to Council for approval before construction can begin.
The DA is the process in which we prepare all the plan, designs, and documentation for the proposed development and submit to council for approval, but you should not have to worry, we do all the work for you!
How does it work?
Below is a brief outline of the process of a Development Application
- Site Investigation / Town Planning analysis.
- Brief of proposal from client.
- Preliminary floor plan designs.
- Finalize floor plans.
- Preliminary elevations / design.
- Finalize home design.
- Prepare all required plans for council.
- Prepare all required documentation
- Final check with client
- Obtain DA fee from Council
- Lodge DA to Council for assessment.
- Council processed Application
- Assessment officer allocated
- Notification to adjoining properties.
- Council assessment of plans / documentation / site visit.
- Plans amended to suite council requests / additional information (if required)
- Council final decision
Stage 4 - IF REJECTED
If the Development Application is REJECTED
- Section 82A Review within 6 month of the refusal.
- Redesign and lodge new DA
- Court if required to be appealed within 6 months of refusal.
Proceed to Construction Certificate!