Not all development requires a Development Application, they may receive consent through a CDC (Complying Development Certificate.
Complying development is a fast-track approval process for straightforward residential, commercial and industrial development. If the application meets specific criteria.
Approval may be granted through Council, or a private Certifier.
Some construction which may be done under a CDC:
- Building a new one or two storey home.
-Building a Fence
- Building a Swimming pool
- Home renovation
How does it work?
Below is a brief outline of the process of a CDC
- Confirming if Complying Development is allowed on your lot.
Proceed with the CDC process.
Consider proposing a Development Application.
Submit all plans and documents to selected PCA.
- Site Survey plan.
- Design draft
- Finalize design
- Finalize other required documents
- Reply from PCA
- Plants amended to suit / resubmit
- Plans to be stamped by Sydney Water
- Structural Engineers details
- Hydraulic engineers plans
- Flood, Bushfire consultancy
- Dial before you dig
- Notify council and neighbors before construction.
- begin Construction.